- Start with a quick synopsis.
- Finish on why I think the film has reached a cult status.
Throughout this movie, I had a hard time keeping interest. It depicts a trucker lifestyle but is definitely no Smokey and the Bandit. So why might this be a cult classic?
- It stars Jamie Lee Curtis a few years after some of her big roles in Halloween and The Fog.
- The truck driver's best friend is a Dingo (and who doesn't like a dingo).
- This was a large budget Australian film and can be considered Ozploitation.
- The story was somewhat influenced by Alfred Hitchcock's film Rear Window. Not only is Curtis' character named "Hitch," but the story carries similar voyeurism and stalking elements seen by the helpless Jimmy Stewart.
- Of all the scenes in the movie, the most memorable is the strangling by wire. It's so memorable because you can see the weapon is clearly a guitar string.
So on Death List Five, Road Games ranks #2.