As we all know, the day after Thanksgiving is that infamous corporate holiday coined Black Friday. Two years ago I waited early in line for a 50 inch TV, but since then, I had no need to wake up before 3AM and fight others for some specials. Instead, I woke up around noon and went to my favorite store:
In case you never been to MovieStop (because I don't think they're as prevalent as GameStop), they're a store where you can buy and trade in for used or new movies. I know most of the time you can get better deals on Amazon, but sometimes it's just nice to browse real life shelves because you never know what hidden gems you can find. Also, Amazon doesn't have a hot female worker who has great taste in film and likes comic books...
Anyways, this Top 5 Countdown is featuring the best Blu-ray deals I scored at MovieStop for this year's Black Friday:
5. Muppets in Space - Not the best of the muppet films, but I couldn't beat the deal and had to support Kermit in some way since I didn't see his new film over the weekend.
4. Predators - This is the recent remake that came out about a year ago. I haven't watched it myself, but I'm sure I'll enjoy it with the Robert Rodriguez commentary.
3. Wonder Woman - In case you haven't seen any of the recent DCU Animated Films, you ought to check them out. Princess Diana doesn't get the credit she deserves, but this flick shows her some love.
2. The Exorcist - This really isn't in theme with the holiday season, but this is my scariest movie of all time. It comes with lots of features, unseen footage, and a couple versions of the film. I'm kind of excited to watch it with the commentaries and see if I can still get through it without covering my eyes.
1. North by Northwest - I've been meaning to get this one for a while, but I'm glad I waited because I got a great deal. It's been a while, but I'm super excited to watch this Carey Grant thriller and see what bonus features are included. As they come out, my goal is to get all of Hitchcock's films on Blu-ray, so this was the perfect one to start with!
So, if you have a MovieStop nearby, stop by and support them. Believe me, I enjoy internet shopping, but you don't always get the same experience and conversations like you would at a brick and mortar store.
Overall, I had a pretty good Thanksgiving eating too much food and goofing off. Sadly, I had to go back to work and school - meaning this will be my last post for at least a week until I finish finals and can enjoy the UCF Winter Break. I'll be back soon and can't wait to share a few more Tarantino Comics and review things in the entertainment world!