Sunday, November 3, 2013

Halloween 2013

So Halloween has come and passed, but it's time to share this year's pumpkin carvings!

I decided to take my pumpkin carving skills to the next level by doing the shading technique.  Usually, I cut all the way through the pumpkin, but this time I wanted to give more depth by peeling away a layer of the skin. I have to give much thanks to http://carvingpumpkins.com/ for the tips and awesome patterns.

I decided to go the classic Halloween route by carving the Universal Monster Couple - The Bride of Frankenstein and her Groom:


Some of The Bride's definition broke off during the carving process.  However, I learned from my mistakes and I'm happy with the results of Frankenstein's Monster.
 

 
Also this year, my brother, sister, and girlfriend kept up with the movie theme by carving Freddy Krueger, Ariel (from the Little Mermaid), and Jack (from the Nightmare before Christmas).

Anyways, I hope you enjoyed this year's patterns!  This is one of my favorite Halloween activities (besides watching horror movies) and I've already started planning 2014's designs.



No comments:

Post a Comment