Saturday, April 3, 2010

Tarantino Comics - Issues 2 & 3

The covers to issues 2 and 3 were drawn by Amanda Rachels at Megacon 2010. Amanda being a huge Tarantino Fan as well, I am glad she did the next two pages. My biggest fear was that this sketchbook was going to become a pinup book, but instead, she was able to transform Tarantino's films into classic comic book covers.

Issue #2 was inspired from Inglourious Basterds. I love how she put the tagline said by the "Giant Face."

Issue #3 was inspired from Death Proof. This is a personal favorite thus so far because: 1) I believe this is an under appreciated movie and 2) I love how she put the "Zoe Bell Posse" screenshot at the bottom of the cover.
Amanda is a great artist so be sure to check her webcomic at http://blindeyecomic.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment