Monday, January 24, 2011

Tarantino Comics - Issue 8

Last September (2010) I went to Dragon Con in Atlanta, Georgia. It was not my favorite con, as everything was too spread out and the con staff was not very helpful when we received counterfeit badges from their own ticket booth. Regardless, there were some really awesome costumes, ranging from comics, fantasy, television, and film. This was also the first time I've ever seen a city block off their streets for a cosplay parade.

Dragon Con doesn't have the largest artist alley in the world, but they still had a lot of talented artists. And seeing his work in the past, I had Chris Moreno draw the cover to Tarantino Comics #8:


Chris did an awesome job uncovering one of the buried treasures from Tarantino's work, the Four Rooms segment - The Man from Hollywood. His caricatures and facial expressions remind me of the old Mad Magazine Movie Parodies. Chris is a terrific artist, fun to talk to, and has a great sense of humor (in the past, he drew the Swedish Chef chainsawing the Two-Headed Monster in half in my Muppet Show vs. Sesame Street sketchbook). This is one of my favorite pieces to date because of his level of detail and the rarity of the idea.
Be sure to check out more of Chris' work and his upcoming projects at: http://www.chrismoreno.org/

No comments:

Post a Comment